I just sold this House at 20968 93 B Place, Langley, BC "Heritage Circle" Walnut Grove.
MORE GREAT NEWS FROM MORTGAGE BROKER CHAD DREYER
Hope you had a great weekend!
It looks like we may see some great upcoming changes to Insured mortgages in Canada!
There are plans to increase the maximum purchase price for insured mortgages (less than 20% down) mortgages from 1 million to 1.25 million which is great new for Markets like Vancouver where prices are hight and in situations where buyers may be able for a to qualify but could be short on downpayment needed for a purchase would have the option to look at an insured mortgage with a higher price point.
As this develops I will be sure to keep to keep you updated.
Bond yields have hit new highs that we have not seen since Feb 2020 and this is certainly going to put pressure on fixed rates to increase shortly, I have heard some lenders will be announcing rate increases overnight or over the coming days unless bond yields go back down shortly.
Given where bond yields are now, I suggest any clients you are currently working with who may not have a pre approval/rate hold currently that they do so ASAP!
Have a great week.
INTERESTING UPDATE FROM MORTGAGE BROKER CHAD DREYER ON PROMISES TO HELP HOME BUYERS.
Well as we all saw nothing much changed with last months Federal election, however the Liberals now have a fresh slate of policies for housing with hopes of sustainability and assisting first time buyers.
Here is a summary of their key housing promises:
The Liberals plan to build, preserve or repair 1.4 million new homes if the next 4 years, they plan to do so through the following initiatives:
- Housing accelerator fund
- Invest $4 billion in a housing accelerator fund to build 100,000 new middle-class homes by 2024/2025
- $2.7 billion for the National Housing Co-Investment Fund
- $600 million for office and retail space conversion to housing
- A temporary ban on foreign ownership
- Foreign citizens would be barred from purchasing Canadian housing for the next 2 years, unless its proven to be for future employment or immigration within the proceeding 2 years
- Anti-Flipping Tax
- Applicable to properties sold within 12 months of purchase
Mortgage Qualification Policies
- Changes to the First-Times Home Buyers Incentive
- Under the new plan participants could choose between the previous shared equity arrangement or now opt instead for a loan that is repayable only at time of sale
- Increase mortgage insurance eligibility cap to $1.25 million
- This is an increase from the current $1 million
- Reduce CMHC insurance premiums for new buyers by 25%
- Tax-Free Home Savings Account
- This allows Canadians under 40 to save up to $40,000 towards their first purchase, the money can withdrawn tax-free with no repayment requirement
- $1 billion for rent to own projects
- Multi-generational home renovations tax credit
- Provide a 15% tax credit of up to $50,000 for homeowners who add a secondary unit to their home for the use of immediate or extended family
- Double the First-Time Buyer Tax Credit from $10,000 from $5,000
There is definitely a lot of work here with everything the Liberals have proposed above and as we know by the time these come to law they could look much different that proposed above.
I will continue to monitor these and update you if any policy changes are announced.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out!