DR. HENRY SAYS "WE ARE NOT THROUGH THE STORM YET" Now is not the time to give up and lose the ground we have made.
BC Isolation rules may start to change mid- May if flattening of COV-19 curve continues. OUR ACTIONS TODAY WILL DETERMINE WHAT OUR TOMORROW LOOKS LIKE. WE GOT THIS.... WE CAN DO IT.
- As of April 21, 2020 Canada has 52 new cases of COVID-19 in BC
- Total number of Covid-19 cases in BC Stand at 1699
- 700 are in Vancouver Costal Health Authority
- 102 are in Island Health
- 153 are in Interior Health
- 39 in Northern Health
Currently 104 patients are being treated in Hospital
- 49 patients are being treated in intensive care or critical care
- 5 more patients have died of COVID -19 bringing the totals in BC 86
THE GOOD NEWS IS BC HAS 4309 HOSPITAL BEDS THAT ARE CURRENTLY UNOCCUPIED AND AVAILABLE IF NEEDED.
THE BEST NEWS SO FAR..........1039 PATIENTS HAVE BEEN DECLARED RECOVERED!!
Dr. Henry says
- Next few months will be "trial and error"
- Our "New Normal" will have restrictions
- Our testing strategy is evolving
- BC is considering creative plan to get kids back to school