If available, please provide the following items and information as soon as possible.
- Property Survey
- If you are aware of any other loans, mortgages or charges against the property, please provide details.
- If there are any easements or right-of-ways on your property, please provide copies of the charges.
- Your lawyer or notary public's name, address and phone number.
- House Keys.
- You and your spouse's work, cellular and fax numbers.
- Average cost of utility bills.
- Names and addresses of nearest elementary and high schools.
- Attractive exterior photos of your home in other seasons.
- Receipts/warranties on roof, furnace, hot water tank, appliances and permits for any major improvement(s) done on your home.
- Fixtures or chattels (i.e. appliances, drapes, lighting fixtures, etc.) that are not included in the sale. This list should be minimal.
- Your thoughts on special features of your home or community.
- Record of when furnace and if applicable, the septic system had been last serviced.
- Copy of Power of Attorney if you are signing/acting on behalf of someone else. Is your Power of Attorney registered at Land Titles?
If your property is strata titled - (condominium/townhouse) you will require the following before a firm sale is made:
- Information Certificate (Form "B").
- Current Bylaws & Rules.
- Current Financial Statements.
- A copy of the last two Annual General Meetings and any extraordinary or special meetings.
- A copy of any Special Levies.
- Written confirmation of Parking stall(s) and
- Locker number.
- 2 year's supply of the strata council's minutes of the monthly(?) meetings.
- Name, address and phone number of strata council president and strata management company (if there is one).
- Copy of Engineering Report(s) – if any.
- Copy of Depreciation Report – if any.
If you are selling a property that is rented, whether whole or in part, the following will be required:
- Full names and phone numbers of existing tenants.
- When each rental period began and copy of the rental contract.
- What the damage deposit is.
- What the current rent(s) are. When are they due?
- Does the rent include utilities?
- Date of last rental increase.